The major amount of funding will be assigned to the implementation of programmes by DIHs to support the realisation of Innovation Experiments.
The major amount of funding will be assigned to the implementation of programmes by DIHs to support the realisation of Innovation Experiments. This shall specifically contribute to the expansion of the network of DIHs as well as making available new knowledge and results from digital innovation activities. The EXPAND the Network open call is specifically targeting at DIHs as the main proposers thereby facilitating the realisation of innovation experiments, while the services of CCs would be logically consumed when implementing an innovation experiment.
Proposers should take into account the following key characteristics, in order to submit an eligible proposal for the EXPAND the Network open call:
• The funding is exclusively available for developing, maturing, and providing Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) innovation services, that are used by teams realising an innovation experiment (IE).
• For being eligible to receive this funding, DIHs need to support one or more Innovation Experiments with their services.
DIHs’ costs are funded with 70% (for profit organisations) or 100% (non-profit organisations).
• Proposals shall explain the overall initiative – DIH services funded by SmartAgriHubs as well as thesupported Innovation Experiments that are not directly funded by SmartAgriHubs.
• For balancing such initiatives in terms of efforts/budget, it is expected that the DIH part is generally not exceeding 20% of the overall effort/budget required (max. 20% budget for DIH support and 80% effort, budget or in-kind contribution for realising the Innovation Experiment).
• One DIH could ask for a maximum of 100,000 Euro funding in total from SmartAgriHubs in one or also several proposals. A team of several DIHs could request up to 500,000 Euro for providing support services and programmes in one proposal/project.