Objetives: The project aims to examine the ICT (Information and Communication Technologies), IoT (Internet of Things) and Industry 4.0 opportunities to increase the efficiency of biomass supply chains. This will be done through the development of Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH).
The DIH will develop trial experiences in baseline territories for the mobilisation of biomass. The European regions chosen as a baseline are part of the Demonstrative Model Regions for Sustainable Chemistry project. These regions are Andalusia and South East Ireland.
Lines of actions: The activities to develop as part of the project are as follows:
- Identification of best practices in the use of ICT, IoT and Industry 4.0 in the biomass supply chain adding the aspects that offer potential solutions to the issues encountered.
- Evaluation of barriers and opportunities using data modeling to identify how the interconnection can generate benefits.
- Establishment of two pilot experiences of DIH for the development of biomass supply chains.
- Development of software tools designed to help users with the management, documentation, comparison and analysis of ICT data for specific regions.
- Redesign of regional and European supply chains using the new or existing DIH.
- Preparation of a roadmap to allow knowledge transfer of DIH in Europe.
- Communication and dissemination of the results of the project to partners and regions of interest.
Partners: The project is formed by 8 partners:
- Regional Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Sustainable Development of Andalusia (Spain).
- Technological Corporation of Andalusia (Spain).
- Irish Bioeconomy Foundation (Ireland).
- Institute of Technology, Tralee (Ireland).
- VTT Technical Research Center of Finland (Finland).
- Fraunhofer Institute of Material Flow and Logistics (Germany).
- Sustainable Innovations Europe (Spain).
- Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Center, University of Strathclyde (UK).
Budget: 949.685 €
Length of the project: 2 years.
- Platform to digitise in biomass value chain
- Digital Innovation Hubs Ireland and Spain