Objetives: The main objective consists in the maximization of the innovation potential of all sectors of the agri-food value chain. This will be achieved by guiding the regional policy makers in order to accelerate the digitalization of the agri-food value chain.
Lines of action: The project follows a 3-stage approach for phase I, which will last for 3 years. This stage is carried out as it follows:
- Identification of the needs and challenges faced by each region to unlock the innovation potential of the agri-food value chain as well as the good practices of the project partners.
- Experience and good practice exchange at both, regional and inter-regional, levels through field visits, meetings and capitalization workshops and peer review meetings where all interested partners, other parties and field experts will share and evaluate their previous work in order to design a first draft for the action plan.
- Preparation of the action plan. The work carried out during the identification and exchange activities and lessons learned will be used for the elaboration of a regional action plan which will contribute to the improvement of policy instruments of each partner.
During the identification stage, the activities will be accomplished at the project partner level, but the exchange and design of the action plans, including the lessons learned from the previous stages, will be fulfilled at the inter-regional level.
The implementation of this Action Plan will be monitored during phase 2 of the project, which will last 2 years.
Partners: There are 7 project partners listed below:
- Regional Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Sustainable Development of the Junta de Andalucía – Spain.
- Pays de la Loire Regional Council, France.
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Finland.
- ASTER Stock Joint Consortium, Italy.
- South Transdanubian Regional Innovation Agency, Hungary.
- Province Limburg, The Netherlands.
- Pazardzhik Regional Administration, Bulgaria.
Budget: € 1,538,340.00
Length of the project: 3 years of project + 2 years of implementation of the action plan